Inspection & testing of Electrical Installations

SHOWERFAULT

The pictures shows a shower switch that we recently removed from a client’s critical infrastructure premises following on from a fault. The terminations were loose and as a result this caused overheating on the circuit. Fortunately the fault was identified before any serious damage was caused.
This could have quite easily led to the whole distribution board going up in flames, and who knows what the repercussions of that could have been.
So, the moral of the story is, don’t underestimate the benefits of operating a good planned maintenance and inspection programme!
Inspection and test
One good reason for carrying out electrical safety testing on your building. Loose connections found while carrying out electrical safety testing.
Loose connections could cause a fire, this fault would be classed as a C1 Fail Code -Danger Present. Risk of injury. Immediate remedial action required.
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989-Reg 4(2) state “The need for maintenance to be done to ensure safety”. As such all commercial premises must be electrically tested and certified to ensure they can continue to be used safety.
BS7671 wiring regulations to the latest edition sets out the requirements for all electrical installations in the UK. The Institute of Engineers and Technology (IET) produce guidance notes to enlarge on the wiring regulations and set out guidance on how compliance can be achieved. Guidance Note 3 covers the Inspection & testing of Electrical Installations.
An electrical installation should be periodically inspected by a qualified electrical engineer. ETM (Electrical Test Midlands) are experts in this field and will advise any customer who may be unsure of the periodicity or scope of the Inspection & Test.

For more information on electrical testing please phone us on 01922 710014

Or use our free phone number 0800 066 3227

http://www.electricaltestmidlands.com

 

Electrical Test Midlands Ltd at the Venus Awards

awards

Venus awards 

Our very own Nadine Jones Director of Electrical Test Midlands Ltd at the Venus Awards.

Referred to as the Working Women’s Oscars, the Venus Awards were formed in 2009 to recognise, reward and celebrate local working women in business. The Venus Awards began in Dorset and has since exploded into other regions across the country. Culminating with an annual National Final that truly represents the inspirational women who balance and juggle their lives relentlessly and unconditionally, who inject their communities with a sense of feminine robustness and solidity only a woman can provide.

Women play such a pivotal role in our local economies, it is crucial that hard-working business women have the spotlight shone upon them. As the Venus phenomenon rolls on across the country, more women in business will stand up and let the world know what they do, how they do it, and the challenges they face. This typically leads to more women helping each other through mentoring, networking and plain old doing business together. Raising awareness of the successful women in our midst and publicly acknowledging them underlines the economic force women have become.

Electrical test midlands are proud Sponsors

footballawards

Walsall Phoenix AFC youth
Hawks final preparations for the season was an excellent friendly with the new lads fitting right in to the squad. 8-0 win well done lads Electrical test midlands ltd are proud Sponsors 

smoke alarms

kidde

A landlord has been charged with gross negligence manslaughter after two young boys died in a fire at a house where no working smoke alarms were fitted. Kamal Bains, 50, from Birkby, Huddersfield, will appear at Kirklees Magistrates’ Court next Friday, August 18, charged with two counts of the offence, West Yorkshire Police said. Logan Taylor, three, and two-year-old Jake Casey died in the blaze in Alder Street, Huddersfield, in February. Their mother and an older brother managed to flee the house before firefighters arrived. In the wake of the tragedy West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service’s deputy chief fire officer, Dave Walton, urged people to check they have working smoke alarms in their homes.